News and Upcoming Events
- CJAE Annual Publishers Report
- 2014 CJAE JCR Report
- CAES 2014 Early Career Professional Survey Results
- "Impacts of agricultural research - towards an approach of societal values" - an International conference organized by the French National Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA) - [PDF]
- 2015 Canadian Science Policy Conference (CSPC)
- 6th Annual Canadian Agri-Food Policy Conference: In the Midst of Change: Challenges Ahead for the Canadian Agri-food Sector, Ottawa, ON, January 20-22, 2016
- Past Annual Canadian Agriculture Policy Conferences
- 2016 CAES-WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, June 21-23, 2016, Victoria, BC
Positions and Fellowships Available
Who We Are
The Canadian Agricultural Economics Society (CAES) is an association comprised of individuals with a professional interest in topics related to the economics of agriculture, food, natural resources, and the environment. CAES members include economists and other social science professionals in universities, government, non-government agencies and the private sector, and undergraduate and graduate students. CAES members include Canadians and others, in Canada and elsewhere.
What We Do
The CAES provides opportunities for professional development, association and networking among individuals making contributions to solving important agricultural, food and resource problems of the day, and in anticipating new challenges and opportunities. The principal activities of the Society include: publishing the Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics; convening an annual meeting to share research results and to conduct Society affairs; hosting on an annual basis a regional workshop or national conference on topics of interest to members (e.g., agricultural, food, resource policy); sponsoring awards for academic excellence, including the best theses related to agricultural, food, and resource economics at Canadian universities; and maintaining a website and Newsletter designed to facilitate the communication of information, ideas and research results by CAES members and other professionals. Members of the CAES manage the affairs of the Canadian Agricultural Economics and Farm Management Foundation.